Summer is full of distractions. From your child’s baseball game to the week-long family vacation, the last thing on your mind is often your roof. Sure, you live under it, but it’s likely been months since you worried about ice damming your gutter.
Although you could use the excuse “out of sight, out of mind,” your roof is in front of you every time you pull into your driveway and over top of you every second you spend inside your home. So it’s not so much “out of sight, out of mind” as it is no visible leak or hole, no genuine concern or worry.
Protect Your Roof From Summer’s Reign
Roofing experts agree that summer is no time to let up on your roofing maintenance. A few common roofing pitfalls, especially in the Ohio summer heat, are as follows:
- Sun Damage: Sun can fade and deteriorate your roof, melt the adhesion holding your roofing material in place, and age your shingles.
- Humidity Damage: Condensation can lead to leaks.
- Water Damage: Water damage is more than a leak. It’s an issue that can lead to mold, mildew, and a costly experience.
- Storm Damage: Just as the spring tornado-like nights can blow a shingle up or cause branches and limbs to fall on your roof and cause damage, the summer winds can do the same.
- Moss Damage: Did you know that moss can grow on your roof, encouraging moisture to wreak havoc on it? Unfortunately, the longer you ignore moss, the harder it is to remove it from your roof.
- Ventilation: Warmer temperatures are cause for alarm. Warm, humid air create the ideal environment for dry rot and mold to occur. So a roof without proper ventilation is a sitting duck in the summer.
Let a Licensed Roofing Professional Lead the Way
Don’t worry. You don’t have to start walking your roofline during the hot summer months and trying to decode your roof’s cry for help like you’re trying to solve a crime with Scooby-Doo and Shaggy. Lucky for you, there are roofing experts, like Nitro Roofing & Construction, with 0% financing for up to 21 months, 100% free quotes, and no obligation. Nitro serves the Columbus and New Bremen markets with many satisfied customers throughout the years.
You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to take care of your roof. You simply need to contact a licensed roofing professional and ask for your roof to be their next evaluation. Taking care of your home’s roof is one of the best ways to take care of everything inside your home– the people, the possessions, and the memories.
Don’t take a season off from protecting the things you hold most dear.