Is metal roofing Columbus Ohio’s best roofing system? Well, to answer this question, let us look at their pros and cons. Keep in mind that no roof is invincible. They have their strengths and their weaknesses too.
In this blog post, we’ll discuss them one by one so you will be guided on whether or not metal roofing is the best choice for your home in Columbus. This way, you will be able to choose the right roofing system that would suit your needs and preferences.
Pros of metal roofing
- Long lasting. So long as they are properly installed, metal roofs are expected to last for up to 70 years or even longer. It can easily last a lifetime, unlike other roofing systems.
- Durable. Metal roofs can sustain wind gusts of up to 140 miles per hour. It will not crack or corrode. In addition, they are also wind resistant and they easily shed snow which makes metal roofing Columbus Ohio’s best roofing system.
- Lightweight. This type of roof is lightweight, which is advantageous since the roof will not need additional structural support to handle them. This will also make them cost-effective since it will help lower the transportation and installation costs.
- Less maintenance. Unlike other roofs, metal roofing does not need much maintenance. They are easy to clean and they don’t need regular maintenance. Just have them periodically inspected and they’re good to go.
- Fire resistant. Metal roofs provide exceptional protection against fire. They have a Class A fire rating and are one of the most non-combustible roofing materials available. Flying debris or embers or lighting will not spark them to fire.
- Environmentally friendly. Metals roofs are generally made up of 25% to 95% recycled content. In addition, they are also recyclable at the end of their lifespan so you won’t have to worry about them ending up in landfills.
- Energy efficient. Metal roofs are highly reflective. They reflect the sun’s UV rays instead of absorbing them. This helps cool down the roof’s surface and keeps the interiors of the property cool and comfortable.
- Variety of style options. This roofing system is available in different styles, designs, and shapes to enhance your home’s curb appeal. You can also choose from different kinds of metal such as aluminum, tin, and copper to match your home’s overall look.
Cons of metal roofing
- More expensive. Metal roofs are more expensive than other roofing systems. They cost at least two to three times more. However, keep in mind that with its longevity and other benefits it offers, the roof may actually end up paying for itself.
- Can be noisy. Since they are made of metal, this roofing system can be noisy during heavy rain or hail storm. However, that can be remedied. You can solve this problem easily by adding more insulation to the attic.
- Expansion and contraction. When exposed to extreme temperature changes, metal roofs will expand and contract. This makes them more vulnerable to gaps created during the process.
- Needs professional installation. Metal roofing requires specialized handling. From installation, repair, and replacement, not all roofing contractors will be able to handle them correctly and efficiently. Only the best contractors can handle the metal roofing Columbus Ohio has to offer.
Looking for the best contractor on metal roofing Columbus Ohio has to offer?
Nitro Roofing and Construction is the answer! We are a top-rated roofing contractor serving property owners in Columbus and its surrounding communities. We have the expertise and experience in handling metal roofing. We always deliver quality results at an excellent value. We are the contractor you can trust. So for any of your metal roofing needs, contact us today to get a quote!